Product Development Manager
Our client, an International NGO in quality reproductive health care and family planning wishes to recruit a Product Development Manager.
The position holder will work within the social marketing department which oversees the marketing, distribution and sale of key reproductive health products to ensure ultimate reduction in maternal mortality while attaining sustainability
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an aligned product launch strategy
- Conduct market segmentation for new products with insights on behavioral changes and affordability
- Develop and coordinate end user/Client demand generation strategies to increase customer awareness and increase product uptake
- Lead in the development of innovative and effective IEC marketing materials required to improve brand administration, awareness & uptake
- Develop and coordinate supply side demand generation strategies such training of health care providers on new SRH products (in consultation with QAM department) and development of an effective in country supply chain
- Coordinate stakeholder engagements on the new SRH products
- Oversee budget development and utilization
- Participate in technical working group (TWG) meetings at MOH level to influence policy on improved product mix e.g. Maternal mortality and Family planning TWGs
- Prepare monthly reports on new SRH product uptake, competitor landscape, pharmacovigilance, commercial implications etc
- Take lead in coordinating operational research to evaluate product performance, customer awareness, market impact and market share
- Prepare a post launch strategy to evaluate impact and monitor product performance among health care providers and the clients
- Review existing SRH product and service offering within the market context and against consumer and programme needs.
- Identify strengths, gaps and opportunities and develop product activation strategies for existing brands within the organization’s social marketing program
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate training in marketing will be an added advantage.
- Significant proven experience in end to end new brand-product development and marketing strategies (product development, marketing planning, marketing mix, launch and activation) in consumer/ healthcare categories
- Experience working with brands/product that require market marking and with limited above the line spending and strong experience in working across different marketing media – can develop creative marketing solutions
- Experience in generating and development of IEC materials
- High level of strategic thinking showing ability to encourage thinking beyond narrow brand/category parameters
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to interpret trends including market research, consumer insight and market trends
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and ability to manage budgets successfully
- Strong client/customer focus and ability to “walk in the shoes” of our clients
- Very well developed interpersonal skills and ability to work well with internal and global marketing teams
- Excellent written and presentation skills and can craft “selling stories” to be highly compelling for internal and external audiences
- Ability to mobilize key opinion leaders within the health and policy sector
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter (responsive, diligent, reliable, proactive and responsible), and is very comfortable with being held accountable for a successful launch
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before 20th March, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration, on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.