Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Summary of Responsibilities: The Field Manager shall be responsible for supporting, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the IRC programs in Lodwar, Turkana County with specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program.
Provide support and leadership in grant management, budget monitoring, new program development, monitoring and evaluation including strategic planning.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant;
- Support field teams in the Review of Monthly Budget vs. Actual reports with program staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Identify new program possibilities in collaboration with field- and Nairobi-based program staff, specifically the Deputy Director Programs and the Technical Coordinators;
- Based on identified needs, make recommendations to Nairobi for development of new…?
- Ensure appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by program staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of project progress against established work plans, monitoring of established indicators and utilization of results to inform program (re-)design);
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC, funding source and government policies, procedures and requirements.
- Ensures Lodwar Programme
- Promptly informsthe Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) on any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations.
- Field Operations Manager effectively communicates all relevant compliance issues during program design / development and Grant Opening & Closing Meetings, or as encountered.
- With support from the Security Manager, monitor the security situation and development in IRC operational areaswith implications for staff safety and for program implementation;
- Maintain Health and Safety standards by carrying out regular inspection of the office updating warning notices and up-dating first aid kits with the support of the Security Manager
- Directly manages, supervises and mentors the Finance and Supply Chain staff of the Lodwar Programme.
- Ensure that all performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency;
- Support in identifying training needs for Lodwar Programme staff and make appropriate recommendations to the DDP, DDO and the CD;
- Ensure that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with IRC HR and administration policies;
- Ensure that all IRC staff at the Field level comply with the IRC Code of Conduct/IRC WAY and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- In collaboration with NBI HQ, oversee the carrying out of supply chain operations by Lodwar SC staff, including procurement (both local and through Nairobi HQ Office), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
- Coordinates all transport and travel arrangements for the Lodwar Programme in collaboration with NBI HQ Supply Chain team.
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor Supply Chain policies at all times.
- Support and ensure accurate staff movement planning at all times
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations by the Lodwar Programme staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to Nairobi of cash transfer/petty cash needs;
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance policies at all times;
- Represent IRC in external engagements with GoK, UN-Agencies, IRC Partners, other NGOs and key stakeholders;
- Coordinate IRC program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of IRC’s activities;
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field of study.
- 5 years experience in administration and management as an Office Manager or similar position, three years of which must have been spent working with an international NGO.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs required
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Kiswahili desired
- Willingness to put in extra hours in emergencies
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Systems oriented individual
- Good team player
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort,
please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.