Reports directly to the IT Manager
Job Description Summary: These positions is responsible for day to day management of the IT infrastructure and services as well as coordinate and oversee projects relating to system development and/or equipment which falls under the responsibility of the IT department.
The IT Assistant, under the direction of the IT Manager, is responsible supporting personnel, to efficiently and effectively carry out any IT related job and support the company’s users with company communication and IT infrastructure and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reports directly to the IT Manager.
- Responsible for managing and directing members of staff on any IT related issues. This will include training them on any IT related systems and services, administration of users, monitoring the user on compliance policies and enforcing the policies related to user of the IT system
- Assist the IT Manager in managing all IT hardware of the organization. This will include evaluate and determine necessary hardware specifications, installation and setup, regular maintenance and cleaning, repairs and troubleshooting, maintaining and managing antivirus and ensure that the systems are up to date. Also ensure that the servers, laptops, firewalls, switches, routers, televisions sets and music systems are working and in good condition.
- Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time
Systems and Software Packages
- Assist the IT Manager in all systems and software packages. This will include software compliance, licensing management, ensuring timely updates, interconnectivity, and system synching, managing and ensuring that backup as done and up to date. Plan for any upgrades and system and software changes, user training and support on new and existing systems and software. Will also be in charge of any domain and email registrations as required by the organization. The software will include AURA POS, SAGE Evolution, Payroll, CCTV Software, and Microsoft ERP.
- Help in the management of the MPESA and Credit card transactions.
- Assist the IT Manager in developing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing any IT related Policies which will include system use, password, backup, internet use, email, disaster recovery policies and any other policies as required by the organization.
- Assist the IT Manager in performing system audits which includes verifying backups, checking computer system usage and monitoring and use of blocked sites and services
- Managing and configuration of the CCTV systems of the organization. This is to ensure that they are running and updates.
KRA / ETR Devices
- Managing and configuration of KRA device like ETR and ESD and advice and recommend changes on IT issues related to KRA compliance.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience.
- A diploma in information technology or any other IT related field.
- Can work under high pressure environment.
- Be honest, flexible, committed & fast learning person.
- Integrity and personal organization and planning skills.
- Valid certificated of Good Conduct.
All interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com with the subject as the job title by Monday 14th March 2016.