Background: Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and one more is in process in the region.
We are seeking to hire Locum CO Anaesthetist, reporting to the Chief Medical Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care ( medical and surgical – anaesthesia) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with a higher diploma in Anaesthesia.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending application letters and CVs to email@example.com with the subject line Clinical Officer – Anaesthetist.