Background: Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and one more is in process in the region.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire part time Medical Officers.
Reporting to the Director of Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Officers will primarily be responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care ( medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Keeping the referring doctor informed of inpatient and outpatient progress.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Medical Officer.