Background: Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
As it builds a network of maternity hospitals, Jacaranda Health launched one clinic in Nairobi in 2012, a second in 2014, and one more is in process in the region.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire an Ultrasound Sonographer to work in our Maternity Hospitals.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Sonographer will primarily be responsible for providing quality ultrasound services to our clients, reviewing and analyzing reports and producing the same for physician review.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have.
- Maintaining the ultrasound equipment and maintaining the room in which the procedure takes place.
- Performing the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed and ensuring the images are of best quality.
- Maintaining patient’s records and adding medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure if necessary.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sonography/ultrasound
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending application letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Ultrasound Sonographer
Submission should be received by March 8, 2016.