Kenya Dairy Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries established under section 4 of the Dairy Industry Act, Cap 336 of the laws of Kenya and whose primary mandate is to regulate the Dairy Industry on Kenya.
The Board of Kenya Dairy Board seeks to recruit a talented, creative, competent and dynamic team leader with proven track record as its Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer to drive the Board to deliver its mandate.
Job Summary: The job holder shall be responsible for providing strategic leadership of the Board and working with the Board of Directors and stakeholders to establish and implement the Board’s strategic goals.
The job holder shall have a prime responsibility for the day to day operation of the Board in ensuring delivery of high quality, timely and efficient services.
- Provide leadership to the Board, conveying and executing the vision, mission and strategy intent of the Board and representing the Board to key stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Board.
- Lead in the design and execution of the Board’s strategy and direction with clear milestones and measures of success.
- Lead the Board’s Executive team in delivery and implementation of strategic objectives
- Prepare the annual budget and establish proper internal controls.
- Be responsible for the execution and communication of the Board’s strategies, decisions and policies.
- Develop and recommend to the Board, annual work plans.
- Ensure that the organization has an effective management structure including succession plans.
- Ensure that all Board papers are accurately written, are relevant and are available to the Board members in good time.
- Serve as the link between the Board and the Management.
- Put in place effective administrative structures, process and systems.
- Provide regular, thorough and prompt communication to the Board on key technical, financial and administrative matters.
- Avail and manage Board’s resources both financial and physical, to drive the execution of Board’s objectives.
- Direct the activities, processes and productivity of the Board to meet performance goals and objectives.
- Grow and sustain strategic partnerships and alliances with stakeholders in the industry such as government, producers, suppliers and customers while enhancing the corporate image of the Board
- Develop and implement a performance driven organizational culture that motivates staff.
- Lead in the development of new products and innovative ideas for business growth.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya
- Master’s qualification in Business Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 year’s work experience in management position, 5 of which must be in a senior leadership role in a large organization.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Proven and Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Evidence of previous involvement in strategic planning, development and implementation
- Experience in Managing Government relations
- Strategy formulation and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highest standards of integrity with a clean track record
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong Business acumen
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask
- Assertive, proactive and diligent with commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Creative and innovative, with a forward thinking approach
- Ability to prioritize, organize own workload and manage projects to completion
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight time constraints
- Knowledge of the sector’s and other relevant legislations.
In addition the applicants should submit the following:-
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigations Department
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and
- Two referees and their telephone numbers and email contacts
Interested and qualified candidate should apply in confidence and send their applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae that contain details of qualifications, experience, position held relevant to the roles and include details of day time telephone contacts.
The post will be offered on a three (3) year contract basis renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Kenya Dairy Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
All application should only be submitted online via email before 4pm on 23rd March 2016
Board of Directors
Kenya Dairy Board
P.O Box 30406 00100
This advertisement may be found in our website: www.kdb.co.ke