Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position.
Position Title: ICT Manager – Software
Reporting to: Group, Head of ICT
Job Location: Headquarters (Nairobi)
Overall Purpose: Responsible to the Group, Head of ICT, the ICT Manager – Software is accountable for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver new software and upgrade of existing software, while participating in defining the strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on Kenya Red Cross vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work together with the Product Owner to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Product Owner for understanding the system’s functional requirements and help in business process mapping.
- Collaborate with the Product Management in defining the Product Vision.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities with coordinated deployment of software upgrades and enhancements.
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Graduate in Computer Science or related discipline. A master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of management/leadership experience in a software development required.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products.
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management and problem skills
- Knowledge in other web developing languages will be a plus
- A passion for software development
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other productivity software packages, including use of e-mail, the Internet as well as local and Wide Area Network systems.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail, along with an ability to analyse and evaluate different types of information.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally with employees, volunteers, partners and the general public.
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references via email to email@example.com with ICT Manager as the Email Subject by 25th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.