KickStart International Inc.
Job Title: Global Projects Manager
Function: Partnerships and Sales
Location: Nairobi – Kenya with travel to other African countries
Role Purpose: The Global Projects Manager will ensure the successful implementation of KickStart International’s projects in all countries KickStart is implementing donor funded projects through:
- Efficient management of projects schedules and budgets (in liaison with finance), by ensuring that projects outputs are delivered to the expected level of quality.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders within the organization and external (where applicable) and taking corrective action where necessary to ensure the project outcomes and impacts are achieved.
- Be responsible to design and plan for new projects and report on existing projects both internally and externally to donors through the fundraising team.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Director, Programmes and Partnerships- Africa
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Works with: All Directors, Regional Heads of Partnerships and Sales Managers, Country Managers, Fundraising team, Finance teams and other Global position heads.
- He/she will be responsible to manage the relationships with key internal stakeholders of the projects including program heads, country managers, fundraising, finance etc in order to ensure the successful achievement of projects outcomes.
- Monitoring and assessment of projects- will develop appropriate monitoring tools and systems for each project and manage the monitoring of outputs, outcomes and impacts as per the project expected deliverables and schedules.
- Coordinate periodic reviews and evaluation of projects implementation, effectiveness, impacts and sustainability.
- Collate information and or data periodically on different projects globally to assess KickStart International’s key performance Indicators that measure the achievement of the donor funded projects expectations.
- Initiate or arrange for meetings with relevant implementers to discuss remedial measures for any project lagging behind in achieving its goals on timely basis.
- Contribute to the development of new projects and lead on the development of new projects plans and budgets.
- Contribute to the development of project concept notes and applications for funding under the direction of the fundraising team in collaboration with the project managers
- Develop partnerships with government, NGOs and other stakeholders when necessary in order to create opportunities for new project partnerships and joint fundraising.
Projects Strategic / operational planning
- Contribute to the development of KickStart’s global projects management strategies in line with KickStart’s strategic plan and projects management improvement.
- Design tools to track specific indicators for Donor Funded Projects. Track performance to ensure project activities are being met in a timely manner.
- Report regularly on the progress of projects in the countries KickStart has donor funded projects, documenting all lessons learnt, challenges, risks and issues and contribute to the periodic reporting process to the fundraising team under the direction of the Director Programmes.
- Propose strategic solutions on effective project management based on the challenges, risks and issues documented.
- Manage the process of preparing projects progress reports for donors as per the deadlines given by different donors.
Projects Budget monitoring / management
- Work with the Budgets and Grants Finance Manager and in liaison with the Finance Director to monitor projects budget by providing relevant data on the project budget requirements based on activity implementation.
- Work with the Finance team to manage, monitor and evaluate the implementation of project budgets in the areas of implementation; reforecasting projects budgets as required in order to keep expenditures against budget on track in response to challenges in implementation.
To perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in development studies, Project Management or any relevant field
- At least 7 years’ experience delivering projects with evidence of managing projects at global scale- in multiple countries
- Knowledge of projects monitoring and evaluation tools and practices
Skills and Behaviours
- Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications including proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel regularly, and good skills in interacting with the community
- Excellent written English and report writing skills is a must
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-country, multi-cultural environment.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title on the subject line by COB Friday 25th March, 2016.