Job Vacancy: Cost Accountant
Kuku Foods Kenya Ltd, the KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Franchisee in Kenya, is a rapidly growing company, currently operating ten (10) restaurants in Kenya.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Finance Department, and we are looking for a dynamic professional with a positive can-do attitude to join our team.
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Financial Controller, the Cost Accountant will be responsible for Cost control, Inventory Control and Financial Analysis for the Restaurant operations.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a high pressure environment
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Specific Job Tasks
- Prepare monthly reports on breakeven points and margins by products and outlets. Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close and accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by IFRS
- Review standard costs in the bill of materials; review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Analyze capital budgeting requests, variances between capital budgets and actual spend
- Manage the Fixed Assets Register and maintain Asset Movement Schedule
- Plan, execute, manage & control all activities associated with the effective receiving, handling, storage & internal movement of all raw material from point of arrival through to final assembly of orders ready for dispatch in correct quantity, time & condition so as to ensure that the department operates at maximum efficiency
- Maintain accurate and timely stock records and recommend methods that can lead to improved efficiency in the management of the finished goods warehouse.
- Ensure efficient and sound management of stores and monitoring stock levels of items to maintain reorder. Observe First in First out (FIFO) methods of issuing in case of material that have shelf-life constraints to avoid expires and changes of properties.
- Monitor Inventory Movement both in Sage and Point of Sale Systems. Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts. Investigate daily and cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Report to management slow moving and expired stocks for appropriate action
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Practical experience of working with Accounting software and Point of Sale systems
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Three years’ experience in a busy FMCG commercial environment
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com by 9th March 2016, indicating the Job Title as the Subject.
Successful applicants will be notified via email.