Reporting to the Corporation Secretary, the overall responsibility will be handling of legal and secretarial matters within the organization.
- Participating in drawing and vetting of contracts, leases and the legal agreements.
- Liaison with external lawyers on court cases for or against the Service.
- Ensuring cases involving the Service are defended before the courts successfully
- Compiling information and evidence on cases
- Participating in negotiations of treaties and contracts between the company and other parties/organizations.
- Providing legal opinions/advice and reports on legal matters as required.
- Interpreting legal instruments and statutes.
- Participating in filing and maintenance court proceedings
- Safe custody of company documents, other records and securities
- Negotiating disputes with customers and other parties with a view to settling them out of court.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution
- Post graduate Diploma in Law
- Advocate of the High Court
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body
- Three (3) years working experience in a large institution
- Possession of valid Certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
KWS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture; women and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply.