Grants Manager, Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support (K-SALES) Project
Land O’Lakes International Development Division has applied, since 1981, an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
The Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support (KSALES) project will help create a more inclusive, competitive and efficient livestock sector by reducing drought-related losses, building the technical capacity of value chain actors and reducing marketing inefficiencies in six semi-arid counties in Kenya.
The Position: At the Direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Grants Manager will be responsible for overseeing the solicitation, cultivation and overall administration and management of all sub-grant activities.
Duty / Area of Responsibility:
- Oversee the solicitation, cultivation and overall administration and management of all sub-grant activities.
- Conduct due diligence on grant applicants, including pre-award visits to prospective grantees to assess their capabilities firsthand.
- Coordinate the awardee selection process according to established criteria and will participate in review of sub-grant applications.
- Draft grant agreements and obtaining approval for grant awards
- Ensure adherence to compliance standards for USDA and will ensure rigorous records management for sub grants / sub contracts in accordance with Land O’Lakes policy and USDA regulations.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to guide sub-recipients towards success while closely monitoring their financial and programmatic compliance.
- Assist technical staff in following up implementation and monitoring of sub-grant activities, with focus on project component deliverables, finance, procurement, and compliance.
- Maintain grant management policies, procedures, and practices, and provide guidance and training to program staff and sub-grantees.
- Supervise the work of the Grants Assistant.
- Collaborate with the Land O’Lakes Compliance and Operations teams to ensure the project is operating under best compliance standards and following proper policies, processes and documentation.
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or related field Master’s Degree is preferred;
- Minimum of five-year grants management work experience in US Government funded program(s) of $ 15 million and above.
- Experience in agricultural programs preferred.
- Experience with using grants management database preferred
- Experience managing others
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply through the link: https://lol.avature.net/Careers/SearchJobs/Kenya no later than Monday 21 March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.