Lewa Wildlife Conservancy (Lewa), based in Isiolo Kenya, is an organization that works as a catalyst for the conservation of wildlife and its habitat.
We are looking for a high calibre, self driven and dedicated Community Nurse with a commitment to excellence to enhance our Healthcare Programme.
Reporting to the Healthcare Administrator, this position’s main task will be to provide effective clinical services to the members of the Leparua Community which borders the Conservancy to the north.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake the observation, monitoring and assessing of patients’ conditions as well as planning and implementing the care needed;
- Provide optimal care to patients using available resources;
- Custody and maintenance of clinic medical equipment and instruments as appropriate;
- Requisition of required drugs and monitoring the consumption;
- Coordinate and undertake community outreach and school health programmes; and
- Prepare timely and accurate reports as required.
- A Diploma in nursing with professional certification through registration by the Nursing Council (KRCHN)
- At least 3 years post qualification experience preferably as a community nurse
- Specialised training in HIV/Aids/Reproductive Health/Community Health/Counselling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in a remote area and under minimum supervision
- Ready to start working immediately
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining a team of hardworking staff, please send your resume and application letter to the address below indicating your current gross pay and salary expectation for this position.
Provide your daytime telephone contact and contacts of three referees by March 21, 2016.
The Human Resource Manager
Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted