client, a market leader in Animal Processing Industry across Africa is
seeking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator for their Thika office.
She/he will coordinate logistical & reverse logistical functions for
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Create policies and procedures for logistics activities.
- Train and develop logistics personnel in roles and responsibilities regarding logistics strategies.
- Develop reports, process documentation and customer service logs.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports and customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, and performance evaluation.
- Monitor chick distribution processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transit and delivery.
- Direct distribution centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates and services.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers and customers to improve supply chain efficiency and sustainability.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan and implement improvements to internal and external logistics systems and processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes.
- Analyse all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient transportation.
- A degree in finance/accounting option.
- Must have over 4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Good level of technical skills in IT / communications.
- Experience in a busy logistics firm, handling a fleet of trucks.
- Effective people management & leadership skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level, constantly with proven experience.
- Effective project management.
- Computer literate.
- Being analytical, strategic and able to motivate staff.
- Ability to make concrete and effective decisions.
Deadline: 9th April 2016
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/221ONhn