Logistics / Customs Manager
Our client, a leading global travel retailer seeks to recruit a Logistics and Customs Manager.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the implementation and quality of standards within Logistics from the supplier to the Operations.
The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of retail or consumer goods industry with good scope of Logistics and Supply Chain.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing processes to ensure effective forecasting and ordering for an optimal supply
- Ensuring implementation and sustainability of the logistics strategy within the BU, defined at Group level
- Identifying necessary quantities to be ordered, validate orders internally and issue orders to suppliers for the Operation
- Accountable for high availability of products, especially for products on promotions, by ensuring a close preparation and follow-up on promotions with Marketing and Category Departments
- Managing daily logistics activities, including Purchase Ordering System, Forecast Management and system, and obsolescence
- Managing suppliers’ performance, sharing critical information and proposing corrective actions seeking for optimization of the Supply Chain
- Manage daily logistics activities, including Purchase Ordering System, Forecast Management and system, obsolescence, etc
- Analyze slow and non-movers, overstock and out-of-stock, and develop action plan accordingly.
- Tracking inventories in the warehouse according to Group Guideline
- Ensure that goods aren’t lost or stolen, track inventories and find reasons for differences and elaborate action plans
- Monthly declarations of sold goods
- Set up and maintain new customs systems (tariff codes creation and maintenance, including. looking up codes online), create and change files in Navision (external company enters data into customs system)
Skills & Abilities:
- Degree in Business or Logistics, 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of the retail or consumer goods industry, experience in forecast planning
- Experience in a shipping company preferred
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business, 14th March, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.