Lake Victoria North Water Services Board (LVNWSB) a state corporation intends to recruit an inspector of works for Supervision of Leseru intergrated community water project in Uasin Gishu County.
Reporting to the Technical Manager Community Development the successful candidate will perform then following duties and responsibilities;
- Approval of works at site before commencement
- Keeping daily records of Contractors equipment, personnel and materials at site.
- Witnessing and approval of material testing.
- Site inspection and supervision of Contractor during execution of the works (excavation, concrete placement, pipe laying and testing etc) to ensure compliance with specification and the contract.
- Preparation of daily work progress reports.
- Ensure the contractor Implements the Environmental Management Plan
- Ensure adherence to general site safety procedures by the Contractor.
- Reviewing and approving Contractors Payment Certificates
- Reviewing and approving Contractors Method statements and other relevant project documents
- Preparation of periodical project progress reports.
- Preparation of project completion report
- On works completion, ensure Contractor prepares As-built drawings and Operation and Maintenance Manual.
- Undertaking any other duty in relation to the project that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Applicants should have the following qualifications;
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering or Higher National Diploma.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in supervision of Civil Works preferably water supplies.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standards office and Engineering computer applications.
- Good understanding of Contract Management for Civil Engineering Works.
Interested Applicants should send their resume and applications with relevant copies of academic and professional qualifications, email address, day time mobile and names of three (3) referees to reach the undersigned before or on 11th April 2016, the appointments will be on a 1 Year basis and will be based at the Works Site in Uasin Gishu County.
Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
P.O. Box 673 – 50100
Tel: 056–2030795, 2031552