Summary: Our client is one of the largest distributor and retailer of domestic and commercial electronic appliances.
Established in 1984, their vision has been to promote the lifestyle of all their consumers in the East African region.
Through strong supplier partnerships, they provide customers with quality products featuring the latest technology while offering unparalleled after sales service.
They are currently looking to hire a Management Accountant to analyse and generate financial and non-financial reports to assist management in decision making.
- Prepare profit statements as required by heads of departments and analyse figures, providing interpretations and recommendations to improve margins/profit.
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparation and monitoring of annual and quarterly budgets and generating variance reports providing corrective measures.
- Ensure that direct costs and overheads are correctly charged to departments and profit/cost centres.
- Prepare profit and loss accounts for each project to monitor performance and progress of all ongoing jobs and assist management in taking corrective action where red flags appear. This includes allocating direct and indirect costs per project and valuing work in progress.
- Continuously monitor imports costs, ensuring that imported products are correctly valued, and suggest ways of reducing costs.
- Assist management in negotiating factory prices, freight rates, marine insurance premiums and clearing & forwarding charges and transport costs.
- Assist imports department in making claims for goods lost or damaged in transit. Monitor payment of all marine claims.
- Ensure that cost of repairs against product warranties are properly captured and recovered from suppliers (where appropriate) and unrecovered costs are correctly allocated to departments and profit centres.
- Work closely with marketing and other departments in setting up recommended retail prices, discounts, etc.
- Work closely with HR and heads of department in developing staff incentive and bonus systems to ensure that extra effort is rationally rewarded.
- Prepare reports of back office costs and recommending ways of cutting overhead costs, bank charges and interest costs.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in availing financial information.
- Suggest business strategies to generate shareholder value
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting or a business related discipline
- Fully qualified accountant CPA (K) / ACCA or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a senior accounting level in a large commercial organization. Product costing experience of consumer goods will be a definite advantage
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Knowledge of customs and shipping procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, technical and logical approach to problem solving
- Self motivated and quick to take initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commercial awareness
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 21st March 2016
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.