Job Title: Managing Director / CEO
Division: Executive Office
- The overall purpose of the job is to provide effective strategic leadership and direction to the management team with a view to effectively realizing the mandate of the bank while guided by its core business and desired strategic direction as articulated in the bank’s strategic plan and policies.
- The role will entail leading in all aspects including: customers, staff, finances, operations, ICT, Risk Management, ensuring compliance with the regulator and being innovative in providing solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director will be responsible for the following-
- Provide visible, visionary, and inspirational leadership and direction to the organization and ensure that the bank’s mandate and policies are implemented fully and effectively in line with the strategic plan;
- To formulate strategic and business plans for the organisation and in consultation with the Board;
- To lead attract, led, and retain talented teams for high performance;
- To lead the organisation to be a High Performance organisation by setting key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensuring delivery through inspiring the teams;
- To inculcate a culture of innovation in running the bank;
- To provide the much needed transformational leadership to meet and surpass the expectations of stakeholders
- To ensure prudent management of resources for the achievement of the bank’s mandate and strategic objectives
- Undertaking regular and appropriate Financial/Investment management and reporting to the board of directors on the performance of the Bank;
- Building relevant organizational capacity to delivery on strategy by leading, guiding, directing and evaluating the work of other executive leaders;
- Optimizing returns to shareholders through operational growth and effective capital management;
- Achieving operational results for all key metrics in line with the annual business budget and plans;
- Ensuring operating procedures and controls are established and communicated to solidify management control and direction of the organization;
- Maintaining awareness of the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, new markets and new industry developments;
- Developing business models to secure long term business positioning to ensure the Bank’s success;
- Building leadership team and ensure adequate succession planning throughout the organization;
- Building internal and external strategic partnerships while liaising with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the Bank operates in a conducive environment;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and establishing mitigation measures against emerging business risks;
- Formulating and implementing best-practice management principles while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethics and sound corporate governance;
- Maintaining a conducive work environment, suitable for attracting, developing and retaining a dynamic and competent workforce; and
- Ensuring effective public relations and enhancing the company’s corporate image with all stakeholders and partners.
- Mature person aged 35 – 45 years
- Inspiring and energetic
- Track record of achievements
- Well balanced life between work, family and society
- Team leader (works well with others)
- Takes responsibility and accountability for the performance of the organisation
- Can do attitude
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Lateral thinker / problem solver
- Has a good network for business leverage
- Good business sense to make great business decisions.
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer Engagement
- Employee Engagement Level
- Operational efficiency including cost management, automation
- Innovation in the company
- Relationship with Regulator and other stakeholders e.g. the community, unions.
- Non funded Income (NFI) and Funded Income (FI)
- Cost to Income Ratio
- Quality of lending portfolio
- Return in Investment
- Return on Capital Employed
- Market Share Growth
- Brand Equity
- Peer recognition
- Graduate in a business related field, Social Sciences or a science degree where analytical skills are required;
- Master’s degree in Finance, Strategic Management, Corporate Management, Leadership Governance or Business Management. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in CPA(K), ACCA, or CIMA and Certificate in corporate governance;
- Executive leadership program
- Solid track record in leading a Micro-finance bank and Business Development
- At least 10 years’ experience at executive management level within the banking/financial industry in a large and complex organization;
- Good financial management and reporting experience;
- Demonstrated record of revenue and profit growth and new business development experience;
Decision making Authority
- Will manage budgets of Kes 5m + per project
- Run a P&L of Kes 100m – 2bn pa.
- Manage a balance sheet of Kes 100 m – 10 bn +
- Total staff compliment of 40 – 100.
- Ability to make routine and complex decisions expeditiously.
Key Competency List
- Good technical knowledge of the Micro-finance industry
- Highly innovative, performance and results driven coupled with good business acumen;
- A professional with demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies for sustainable, continuous improvement in performance, market share and profitability
- An individual with strong leadership qualities, a track record of innovation and the ability to manage change
- An energetic seasoned leader with a proven track record in Business Development strategies and implementation
- Shareholding – 5%
- A competitive salary package
- Performance based bonus
- Medical cover for self and family
- Club membership
Skills / Competencies
- Dynamic and strategically minded individual with a passion for performance, team play and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills; and
- Excellent communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong risk management and assessment skills
Please send your updated CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st March 2016.
On the subject line please indicate what position you are applying for and within the email please indicate you current salary and expected salary.