As such the holder of this position may require taking up responsibilities beyond the hospital setup care/nursing assistant role.
Strategic Purpose of the Programme Operations Unit: to ensure excellent delivery all MSK outreach Programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and Measures
- To provide care to clients under guidance of the nurse, clinical officer and the Center Manager
- To provide other services that seek to promote the image of MSK
- To abide by all MSK policies and procedure in the performance of duties
- Prepares and serves refreshments for staff and clients at agreed times or as directed by the team leader.
- Provides clients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding clients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning clients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- High quality client care
- Positive feedback from MSK clients
- Increased client numbers
- Support in all administrative and clerical tasks
- Ensures cleanliness of the entire facility by cleaning as instructed by the team leader or other supervisors
- Follows all aspects of the infection prevention protocol and assist in Infection Prevention activities as directed by the Team Leader
- Ensure that theatre and bed linen is clean, pressed and available at all times.
- Keeps the kitchen clean and neatly arranged ensuring that utensils and cutlery are accounted for and hygienically kept.
- Runs errands as requested by the Centre Manager, such as banking daily income and buying items from petty cash, and provides the required receipts.
- Support the Centre/ Outreach team members by assisting to sterilize equipment and assist in the procedures as requested by service providers
- Reduced infections in the facility.
- Effective and timely preparation of the procedure rooms
- Timely achievement on the tasks assigned by the Center Manager
- Maintains work operations by following standard operating procedures and policies.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping patient information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities which include attending CMEs
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as required.
- High level of confidentiality maintained
- Full attendance of the scheduled CMEs or trainings
- Proper and efficient documentation.
- Minimum ‘O’ Level qualification
- Tertiary qualification in business studies, nurse aide, customer care, front office management, or similar will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 1 year post training working experience.
- High regard for confidentiality
- Good communicator – written and oral
- Possess I.T skills for example sending emails, using MS Office, Internet e.t.c
- High regard for client care
- Self confident
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Very comfortable with team work
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs.
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Care Assistant – Kibera ”