mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and KPIs
- The excellent planning and running of the Outreach Team services to agreed clinical quality standards, inclusive and responsive to difference on the basis of gender, age and people with disabilities
- The efficient delivery of services reaching under-served communities for high impact
- A continuous and well planned service where resources are managed prudently, stocks are maintained at efficient levels and onward growth is enabled
- Data collection that enables contract obligations to be met, improvements to be made and successes to be shared
- Defining and realizing opportunities for sustainability beyond the period of funded work
- The excellent management of the Outreach team to ensure that they perform at the top of their ability and are fully skilled for their tasks (whatever their role)
- To provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- To ensure that all clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
- To provide all of the following clinical services to a consistently high standard and in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols:
- All methods of short and long-term contraceptive methods, including injections, implants and IUDs.
- Removal of implants and IUDs where required.
- Assistance with tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
- Cervical screening, STI screening and treatment and VCT.
- To conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required.
- To maintain the highest possible standard of client care by providing quality care to all clients.
- Close analysis of client users and actions taken to extend reach to under-served
- Accurate and proper information is passed to clients
- Participate in planned promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders
- Assist in conducting client feedback
- Annual activity plans reviewed
- Service users analysis
- QTA reports
- Regular efficient and well received services to the target group
- Integration and interface with other MSK channels for complementary delivery
- Clear engagement of community leaders
- Referrals and Synergy
- Complementary CHWs activities
- To ensure sufficient supplies are available to provide services without disruption and that stock is dispensed and counted accurately; stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (ie expired stock) and stock outs are minimised.
- To comply with all financial standing operating procedures including accurate and timely management of advances and surrenders required for outreach provision.
- Volume of advances un-cleared by 45days;
- Stock take
- Data for donor reports collected routinely
- Special stories prepared and shared for learning and publicity
- Proper record keeping of clients data and consent forms
- Progress reports, commodity management report and success stories documented and shared.
- Close networking with a range of local stakeholders to embed good practice
- Promotion of MSK centers, MDs and Social Franchise outlets for long term sustainability
- Mentoring of MOH providers
- Agreed exit plan with targets (sustainability plan)
- Using the team plans and team skills agree individual objectives and follow performance
- Regular one-to-one and group meetings
- Ensure good time keeping is maintained by the team members
- Staff performance plus
- Team meeting reports
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN)or Kenya Registered Clinical Officer
- Proven experience in healthcare field.
- Demonstrated numeracy and basic accounting skills
- Customer focussed service delivery skills
- Family Planning counselling skills
- IT literacy confident using MS Office
- Excellent people skills and drive to succeed
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Demonstrating diplomacy and maintaining confidentiality.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of MSK’s goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate.
- Demonstrating integrity in all aspects of your work including financial integrity.
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to email@example.com on or before 15th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Outreach Team Nurse”