Job Description: Market Development Engineer (Kenya)
Our client is a global leader of engineering solutions in the food and beverage industry for process technology, mechanical technology, industrial refrigeration, transport cooling, farm and dairy technologies.
They are seeking to hire a Market development Engineer for East Africa based in Nairobi.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Market development in the food and beverage market – Food, Dairy, Beverage, Brewing industry
- Focus on the market development in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda
- Market research to identify clients
- Visit existing customers
- Expand on the customer base – customer development
- Research and find industries that has a need for the equipment
- Cold calling, client visits at least 4 days per week
- Work in coordination with technical staff in developing quotations for clients
- Marketing of Industrial equipment
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience in diary industry/ beverage at least 5years
- Experience in SEPARATING BUSINESS a must
- Mechanical or food engineering degree or Diploma is a requirement.
- Knowledge about East African food market.
- A back ground in project management will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of pumps, valve, and heat exchanges, separators and homogenizers,
- Food engineering back ground.
- Must have own transport a valid driving licenses.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – ensure customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Written Communication
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue;
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritises and plans work activities;
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner;
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment;
- Innovativeness and creativity
- Language Skills (English, Swahili)
- Mathematical Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer Skills (Micro soft office. Suite)
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org 8th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Market development Engineer (Kenya)”