A Members Club seeks to recruit a highly motivated person, a team player, diligent, with high level of integrity to fill the position of Chef De Partie.
Reporting: To The Executive Chef
The Club fosters to provide members and guests finest hospitality experience and we are committed to providing a safe and dynamic work environment to our employees.
We encourage our team to be self starters and allow them to demonstrate their abilities.
Summary of the Position: Reporting to the Executive Chef, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing a section of the kitchen and ensure highest level of product and service delivery of the assigned section.
Key focus will be on quality of products and cost management.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Involved in daily food preparation in the different sections of the kitchen as per the devised MENU and ensure to always meet the quality standards set by the CLUB.
- Preparing the daily mis-en-place and ensure all is set before operations begin.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items both for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to club recipes and standards.
- Ensure to follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Participate in conducting daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues.
- Keeping oneself updated on new products, recopies and preparation techniques so as to always ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation.
- Always ensure to have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and specials.
- Participate in developing different weekly themes to promote diversity
- Ensure to follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensure to follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Instructs and leads junior kitchen staff through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions.
- As a shift in charge ensure the food is prepared in timely manner and avoid any complaints regarding to food delays.
- Responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with the Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and last minute events.
- Responsible for checking rota scheduling to avoid inconveniences.
- Properly manage the development and supervision of the Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Assisting in Menu preparation and ensure proper food cost management.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the Kitchen.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as well as ensuring those under you adhere to the same.
- Ensuring oneself and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety at all times.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Holder of Diploma in Food Production or culinary arts.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within a formal or fine dining environment.
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the kitchen and club as a whole.
- Keen on profit margins.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
How to Apply:
Salary range KES 35,000 – 40,000/=.
Applicants should send their CV by 3rd April 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The candidate will be based in Nairobi