Position Title: Program Director, Youth Empowered for Success (YES!)
Position Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Mercy Corps is implementing a Pan-African Youth Empowerment Initiative, the Youth Empowered for Success (YES!) Program, a bold new initiative to create sustainable, safe, equitable, and productive jobs for youth (ages 18-35) across Africa.
The YES Program will operate in five countries across Africa: Kenya, Tunisia, Uganda, and Nigeria reaching 15,000 youth.
Mercy Corps seeks a Program Director for the YES! program based in Kenya.
The Program Director will be responsible for providing overall leadership, management and strategic vision to the implementation and of the YES! program, while managing resources and partners to ensure that the program meets its objectives on-time and within budget.
S/he will coordinate with five Mercy Corps country programs to ensure successful integration, manage the development of a youth employment program model and coordinate with key stakeholders, the program donor, other implementing partners, corporate companies, foundations, NGO and government partners
Knowledge and Experience:
- BA or BS or equivalent in social science, management, international development or other relevant field and MA preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience.
- 5-7 years of field management experience including 3 years in a senior management position, preferably at a regional/cross-country level.
- 5-7 years engagement with a corporate entity or foundation that focused on youth issues and solutions
- Demonstrated experience with and strong understanding of working with private sector partners.
- Previous work experience in Africa required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including report development, writing and editing.
- Strong project management skills, including working with local partners and program start up activities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
For the full position description and application procedure visit: http://bit.ly/1UwmG8U
Deadline for applications is 31st March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.