MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In partnership & collaboration with the Mombasa County Government / Department of Health, MSFCH implements ‘Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare’ services at the Mrima health facility in Likoni, sub-county of Mombasa.
The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality maternal & neonatal health care services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Job Title: Midwife Supervisor
Location: Likoni sub county of Mombasa
Length of contract : 3 months probationary contract with possibility of extension
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Supervises the Nurses/Midwives team and other related staff in her team such as cleaners
- Plans and organizes their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc);
- Supports and evaluates the team
- Coaches the team in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensures team work and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervises the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaises with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours)
- Ensures that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Responsible to ensure that all the administrative procedures, patients data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- In certain contexts, responsible to ensure that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs&Gyne MD and following the protocols.
- Kenya Registered Nurse/Midwife Diploma
- Registration Licence by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid Practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Deep knowledge in planning, coordinating, controlling, and directing SRH services
- Ability to work, lead and manage a multi-disciplinary nursing team
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum 2 year experience in management.
- Local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates/diplomas and current registration documents before the 15th of March 2016 included, to http://www.uhired.me/e/job/38#
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)