The Nairobi Waldorf School, is a Not- For- Profit Trust with a mission to become an inspirational school in Kenya by nurturing, through Waldorf Education, well-rounded individuals who are capable of critical, creative and flexible thinking.
We envision independent and talented human beings with a lifelong passion for learning and a strong sense of community.
Currently present in two campuses in Nairobi, we seek to recruit a Human Resources/ Internal Communications Coordinator, who will provide leadership and service to the School on behalf of the Board of Trustees, Faculty, Staff, Parents and Students.
Reports to: School Manager
Primary Function: Developing, supervising and facilitating the overall coordination and management of the school’s Human Resources and Communications function, in concert with the Board of Trustees, School Manager, College of Teachers (COT) and Faculty, while providing leadership guidance, support, and stewardship to Administrators.
Accountable for the level of professionalism demonstrated by the Faculty and Staff, the Human Resources/ Internal Communications Coordinator supports the College Chair and School Manager, to ensure the Trust’s efficiency and effectiveness of operations, through participation in decision making, advising on all Human Resources development activities, communication and implementation of agreed upon decisions.
- Development, implementation, and interpretation of Human Resource and Communication policies, procedures, operations and systems in line with the Kenyan Labour Laws.
- Effective formulation and implementation of all Human Resource and Communications functions that support achievement of decision making, authority and accountability approaches, and the Trust’s Strategic Plan
- Develop and foster a culture of collaboration in which the diverse groups within the school community contribute to the achievement of shared goals of Waldorf education, while enhancing the foundation and identity of the school and its’ principles.
- Initiate, catalyze and facilitate necessary change and transformation processes within the Trust’s operations and development areas, and ensure harmony and operational efficiency.
- Staff Management, Development and Performance Management.
- Provide support to ensure quality and integrity of schooling and progress towards alignment with the Waldorf Curriculum.
Essential Core Competencies:
- A commitment to the spiritual foundation of the school and the study of Anthroposophy.
- Knowledge of Waldorf school philosophy, including administrative and educational principles, techniques and methods.
- Proven and demonstrative ability to exercise prospective thought and creative planning in goals setting and ability to follow through on those goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to build relationships among the diverse multicultural members of the school community, and enthusiastically articulate a passion for the Nairobi Waldorf School and Waldorf Curriculum
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Education, Business, Human Resources Management/ Organization Development or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8+ years of strong operational experience: should have worked in a senior management role for 5+ years.
- Good knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws, employee relations systems, and basic knowledge of legal and regulatory provisions governing educational institutions and non- profits.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supporting and motivating staff and teams
- Organizational development, personnel management, strategic planning and management skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the Nairobi Waldorf School.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a multi-cultural, fast-moving environment,
- Ability to bring projects to completion, working in collaboration with appropriate individuals, to ensure effective and efficient school operations
- Effective analytical, interpretation, summarizing and data presentation skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficiency in computer and standard software systems, such as word processing, spreadsheets, accounting, databases, and email.
NB: Background and police checks will be conducted due to this position’s interaction and proximity with children.
Interested candidates should send their applications and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2016.