Job Title: National Sales & Distribution Manager – FMCG
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels across the country
Our client is a leading distributor of trusted and quality FMCG brands in the market.
They seek to hire a National Sales Manager to build and maintain a high performance sales organization to effectively achieve business objectives.
He /she MUST have relevant prior experience selling FMCG products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing a complete national (regional) annual strategic plan that will ensure all regions have a complete strategic plan document for the coming year, divided into quarterly action plans.
- Lead preparation and scheduling for quarterly business review meetings with all regional representatives to review progress on strategic plans.
- Plan weekly visit to key distributors as well as the general trade
- Review weekly market intelligence reports from the regional representatives. Ensure there are set priorities for the month and that there is progress on the same.
- Review weekly sales report together with the regional representatives and ensure they are all aligned.
- Receive weekly sales report with action plans for any individual outlet that is behind target from individual regional representatives.
- Prepare monthly regional penetration and sales uplifted report.
- Receive quarterly price surveys – wholesale buying and selling prices from the regions.
- Ensure the performance management system for each member of staff is duly filled with appropriate actions taken for those below the target.
- Effectively manage all staff under him/her including the Area Sales managers, sales representatives and merchandisers.
- Ensure all accounts within the consumer division are operating within the agreed limits, and collections are made on time.
- Ensure development of close relationships with Key customers including regional key account staff, priority (emerging chain) staff, distributors, and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the Consumer business.
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce / Management with a bias in Sales and Marketing;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of National Operations in a company dealing with FMCG
- Knowledge of distribution channels is desirable
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and proficient use of the internet and email;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and process operations data;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven team work and leadership skills, and the ability to successfully build and manage a team and mentor all staff and agents in order to support professional development;
- Organized, systematic and process oriented with good administrative skills;
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work under minimal supervision and willingness to be responsible for a varied set of tasks that will support the company’s growth and expansion
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (National Sales and Distribution Manager – FMCG) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 5th April, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.