The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government of Kenya structures at national and county levels and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Assistant
Summary: The position is part of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) Funding Model (FM) with AMREF Health Africa in Kenya as the Principle Recipient for the TB Grant.
The project is being implemented in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Vihiga and Nandi Counties.
Based at NEPHAK Vihiga Office, the position is responsible for providing support to program / project implementation in monitoring and measuring the impact of activities; implementation of M&E systems focused on data collection, storage, analysis and reporting; supporting the gathering and management of data; ensure the use of appropriate monitoring and evaluation approaches and information systems; and dissemination of relevant information to stakeholders.
Reporting to the Programme Officer, the MERL Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Monitoring and assessment; roll out and implementation of M&E related activities.
- Support data collection, keying in data and quality control exercises
- Facilitate review meetings with CHVs and provide supportive supervision to them for effective reporting.
- Monitor program implementation through regular contact and field visits and identifying opportunities and mechanisms for program improvement
- Support the analysis and produce reports to monitor and evaluate project progress
- Facilitate proper storage of all data and information and ensure regular back-ups
- Synthesize lessons and experiences for continuous improvement of programme
- Documentation and reporting by assisting in compilation of periodic and ad-hoc programme reports.
- Support dissemination of project lessons to NEPHAK members, the board and partners.
Qualifications and Competencies
Level of Education: Bachelors of Arts in Social Sciences, Community Development or Development Studies and or related field.
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Additional qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, MIS IT, Data entry or Development related subjects will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Community Health Services Strategy and WHO TB Engage Strategy indicators and reporting desireable.
- Experience working in tuberculosis and HIV programming fields with county governments and civil society/community partners
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong information technology skills.
Working Conditions: The position periodically requires the jobholder to sometimes work long and odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
Frequent travels in the areas of implementation, sometimes in difficult circumstances may be necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to:
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court,
Wood Avenue, off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads
P. O. Box 75654-00200
Or email: email@example.com by Tuesday 15th March, 2016.
Do not attach your testimonials at this time.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Women living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
For other details, see: www.nephak.or.ke