IT Intern – Nairobi
Sector: Information Technology
Employee Type: Intern
Employee Category: Full Time
Description: The IT Intern will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops and laptops. Through our ticketing system and the telephone
He/she will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to password resets, account creations, account terminations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to Sophos anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 Professional support, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013 support, Active Directory Maintenance, Microsoft Exchange/Email support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our (Helpdesk system) enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent staff support of all requests
- Vendor Management – Work directly with IT vendors (Service providers) to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Hardware Inventory – IT intern to work with our Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software for country program
- Preventative Maintenance – IT intern will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist IT officer on various IT projects such as AD integration and office 365 implementation.
- College degree or equivalent certification
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office and Server)
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.