About the Organization: Nuru Kenya is a non-governmental organization currently working in Migori County, Kenya. Nuru Kenya’s mission is to end extreme poverty in remote, rural areas of Kenya.
- Conduct awareness creation and mobilization meetings to ensure that farmers continually save, attend meetings and are able to operarate as per laid down group procedures
- Revise the FI annual plan and assign quarterly targets of loans, savings, membership recruitment, members’ retention and community trainings to Filed Managers
- Assess and select viable groups using the laid down criteria in the group constitution.
- Facilitate the transition of Nuru FI groups into KCB’s (Kenya Commercial Bank) Chama Solution Groups
- Ensure loan applications are done correctly and as per laid down procedures.
- Ensure loan appraisal and approval are done following set criteria and conditions as spelt out in the constitution.
- Follow up with KCB to ensure that member requests are acted upon in a timely manner
- Ensure loan repayments are done timely and banked in Chama Solution Accounts on timely basis.
- Ensure proper record keeping on loans, savings and meetings.
- Prepare with accuracy all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual FI Program reports. Including but limited to activity reports, performance reports, financial reports, etc.
- Conduct training needs assessment of existing clients and liaise with KCB Chama Solution representative to fill such training gaps.
- Manage community response to program services, maintaining program integrity and always sticking to program goals and mission.
- Prudently manage the FI Program budget.
- Manage all FI staff to their function and hold them accountable for the performance of their assigned activities.
- Troubleshoot programmatic issues within the FI Program in an accurate and professional manner
- Manage edits and implementation of the FI Program Financial Training Curriculum
- Perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance, Microfinance, Business Administration or other related Social Sciences
- Over five (five) years working experience in a similar or related role
- Experience initiating and transitioning groups into established MFIs for sustainability will be an added advantage
- Candidates with accounting qualifications will have an added advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili language
- Self- motivated; with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess knowledge and skills in project management, training, and cooperative management
- Demonstrated ability to operate in both office and field setting with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to form successful working relationships with other staff and a good team player
- Long-term commitment to ending extreme poverty in rural areas of Kenya
Remuneration: Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit their application; resume and cover letter supported by at least three known references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
See http//www.nuruinternational.org for further information about the organization.