Position: Feed Mill Operator
Employer: Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
About the Organization: Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises funds sustainable poverty eradication in rural communities by investing in local entrepreneurs and incubating a diverse portfolio of profitable businesses in the developing world.
Nuru Kenya Social Enterprise is comprised of a Dairy, Poultry, and Consumer Products Business currently working in Migori County, Kenya.
Nuru Kenya Social Enterprises is looking for an experienced professional to fill the position of Feed mill operator.
The person shall directly report to the NKSE Poultry Business Line Manager.
- To manufacture, inspect, sell and deliver feed and related products in a manner that will optimize the Nuru social enterprise’s market share and savings, improve the efficiency, help achieve the mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
- To direct, promote, and coordinate the mill production and feed delivery employees, facilities and equipment in conjunction with Department Manager that will serve customers, increase market share and savings, control expenses, to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Nuru social enterprise’s to its customers and members
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operations involves leading in the efficient operation of the mill and warehouse
- Assist with assigned local mix schedule and prepare mixes to specifications in a timely manner
- Maintain equipment on a regular schedule to avoid breakdowns and anticipate and plan for major overhauls requiring shut-downs.
- Responsible for sweeping up the loadout, mill office and mill floor.
- Responsible for making sure all ingredients and containers are in their proper place.
- Maintain quality of mixes above standards set by Nuru Social Enterprises ltd
- Maintain productivity (labor, maintenance, supplies, utilities)
- Maintain a safe and dependable fleet of equipment
- Oversee feed deliveries to patrons to ensure accuracy, timeliness and efficiency.
- Take ingredient, local mix, and customer mix samples and retain them for future reference.
- Account for each mix or other service to ensure accurate inventory control
- Receive inventory, store it, and keep it saleable.
- Report inventory items which should be placed on order
- Prepare and file feed records
- Implement procedures to increase production and lower costs.
- Monitor maintenance of feed mills and rolling stock related to the feed division
- Responsible for the safety of employees and customers in the feed mill, and coordinate safety issues with the total company.
- Attend product training, merchandising, and Nuru meetings as requested
- Ensure passing of all feed quality audits.
Deliveries and Pickups:
- Deliveries and pickups involve delivering and picking up orders as assigned.
- Ensure all feed order are mixed correctly prior to loading or delivery
- Inspect all feeds as they are being loaded and unloaded
- Verify all items listed on the mix order are loaded and delivered
- Ensure customer is provided with the exact ration and amount that was ordered
- Safety and Maintenance: Safety and maintenance involves maintaining equipment and facilities, mixing bulk orders safely, and following regulations.
- Maintain mill and warehouse equipment and facilities
- Maintain housekeeping standards in feed mill
- Observe OSHA, and legal regulations as required
- Follow all company policies.
The feed mill operator will perform duties as assigned by management and will enforce and uphold all Nuru policies including but not limited to the following.
- Uphold and implement all Nuru policies.
- Communicate the company goals and results to the production and delivery staff.
- Informs supervisor of potential problems or potential new business opportunities directly or indirectly related to Nuru
- Lose no customer due to quality of product or service provided.
- Perform other duties requested by management
- Directly supervises 5 – 8 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications (Education / Experience):
- Minimum of 5 year experience in feed milling Industry
- Diploma in animal nutrition or related
- Must have a working knowledge of mixing, operating grain roller mill, pellet mill, receiving system, grinding machinery, block press and lift truck.
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- A pre-employment drug screen will be conducted
- Farming background is preferred
- Work will be performed 80 % in Kisumu and 20% in Isebania
- Work regular business hours or do shift work, which may include nights, early mornings and weekends
Remuneration will be Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
Nuru Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we give equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.
How to Apply:
Applicants to send their CVs and supporting documents specifying their current and expected salary
addressed to the
Nuru Social Enterprise ltd,
P.O Box 176-40414
to reach us not later than 17th April, 2016 5.00 PM.
Canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification!