Ol Kalou Water & Sanitation Company Limited (OLWASCO) is wholly owned by the County Government of Nyandarua and is seeking to fill the position of a Procurement Officer who is customer service oriented, qualified and experienced.
Reporting to the Managing Director and ensuring prudent management of all the procurement processes.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Process, purchase requisitions/orders for equipments, materials supplies and capital goods within purchasing authority.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions and maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records.
- Ensure the development of specifications for equipment, materials and services to be purchased.
- Administer contract performance including delivery, receipt warranty, damages and insurance.
- Invite, access and award /recommend suppliers, tenders, binds quotations and proposals.
- Work with internal and stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements.
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations standards and best practices.
Qualification, experience and skills
- Diploma in purchasing and supply.
- At least two (2) years experience in a medium or large institution or from water sector.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and associated supply chain software and system.
- High integrity, independent, team player and be in a position to multitask.
Terms of service
The successful candidate will be offered a three (3) year renewable contract based on satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates should forward their applications with detailed up to date CVs and photocopies of relevant testimonials, current and expected remuneration package, the names and addresses of three professional referees, an email address and telephone number to
The Managing Director,
Ol Kalou Water & Sanitation Company Limited,
P.O Box 455-20303, Ol Kalou.
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date 14th March, 2016 at 5.00 p.m