Position: Lead Forensic Auditor
Reporting to: Head of Quality & Audit
- Discovering, preserving, disclosing and following up on frauds and crimes
- Developing of evidence for review by law enforcement to secure admissibility
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of forensic audit work
- Develop forensic audit plan, policies and procedures
- Conduct a fraud risk assessment and identify warning signs of fraud related activities
- Discover sources for information about frauds
- Audit fraud and corruption
- Identify the risk and benefits of data mining
- Build a framework for forensic auditing & Investigations and developing pre-investigation processes
- Carry out investigative audits by strictly following the investigative methodology
- Develop procedures to deal with initial allegation of fraud and corruption
- Create awareness to business unit managers by building knowledge on risk of fraud, corruption and how to mitigate, investigation and litigate the same
- Manage and maintain control of the investigative audits
- Gather, examine and analyze all types of evidence to ensure sufficiency & relevance to support prosecution in a court of law
- Deal with the use of informants and understanding the risk of informants and how to protect them
- Discover, follow and keep track of the evidence trail from an audit
- Follow the evidence trail with an expert vision and knowledge of what to look for.
- Employ forensic auditing techniques to fight against cyber crime
- Determine, procure and implement forensic tools and maintaining these tools
- Analyze the different types of cyber frauds and the methods that are usually used by cyber criminals
- Collect data and digital evidence from the system after a fraud attack
- Conduct interviews with witness and suspects in the instance of fraud
- Knowledge in legislative laws and the type of evidence that is acceptable and can be easily applied.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Additional education in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Public Accountant (added advantage)
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) – (added advantage)
- Integrity, objective and Independent
- Knowledge in accounting procedures
- Knowledge in Legal system and its procedures
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Attentive to detail
- Good analytical skills
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 8th March 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.