Position: Pack House Manager
Our client, a diversified group operating across African frontier markets whose core businesses provide a range of services to international companies in East and Southern Africa is seeking to recruit a Pack house manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all pack house operations
- Optimize pack house operational efficiency
- Optimize quality of produce from the pack house with zero rejections
- Ensure machinery is properly maintained
- Ensure compliance with processing standards as set by the market
- Ensure pack house employees are properly trained
- To be part of the management team and work closely with all other managers to ensure a cohesive and effective management team.
- To conduct himself at all times honestly and properly in the course of his service with the Company
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Liaise closely with field and out grower staff to ensure fruit of the correct quantity and quality is delivered to the pack house to meet the market requirements.
- Closely monitor out grower fruit deliveries at the reception point to ensure quality is maintained and any opportunities for fraud are eliminated.
- Liaise with freight handlers and shippers to ensure suitable containers are delivered on time.
- Train, motivate and discipline staff.
- Determine and prepare written procedures and protocols for all operations within the pack house.
- Check machinery operation daily and correct any faults.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers to maintain and correct equipment operation
- Monitor fruit temperatures in cold stores and take corrective action as required by handling fruit appropriately or correcting equipment operation.
- Liaise with Procurement department to ensure sufficient cartons and packaging materials are in store.
- Liaise with market to select approved and appropriate chemicals for equipment cleaning and fruit treatment
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or any Agricultural related field.
- At least 5-10 Years’ experience in the field.
- A valid passport
- Good communication and presentation skills
To apply, send your CV only with no attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th April 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.