Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) is a Collective Management Organization (CMO) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under Section 46 (2) of the Copyright Act 2001 to represent performers of audio and audio-visual works.
PRISK is mandated to collect license fees from public users of sound recordings and audio-visual works and distribute royalties to the respective rights holders in accordance with Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130, Laws of Kenya.
PRISK seeks to engage a Marketing and Public Relations Executive who will be responsible for ensuring proper market visibility for Performers Rights Society of Kenya through planning, sponsorships, advertising, public relations and Research
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Member Services, the intern shall have the following responsibilities;
- Guide applicants through the membership application process and handing duly completed applications forms to the Head of Department for review and processing.
- File approved membership application & recording declaration forms and properly archive ripped CDs.
- Attend to general complaints and enquiries on membership registration in a professional and helpful manner, ensuring they are escalated to the appropriate personnel in a prompt manner when necessary.
- Proactively follow up on incomplete membership applications using all available methods of communication.
- Rip submitted CDs and handing over to the Documentation Officer for uploading to the data management system.
- Receive membership application forms and documents sent to the Head Office from the regional offices.
- Dispatch membership approval letters, cards and any other documents meant for members to the respective regional offices.
- Assist in coordination and handling logistics during member-related events.
- Carry out data entry activities using the data management system, including the personal details of the members, details of their repertoire and uploading of the physical recordings.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the entertainment industry, intellectual property rights and PRISK policies in order to provide excellent service to all members and potential members
- Performing any other duties that may be prescribed from time to time by the Member Services Head of Department
Qualifications & Skills;
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL) certificate from a reputable institution is a mandatory requirement
- Currently undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or Law at a reputable institution on a part-time basis
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and Kiswahili
- Decent data entry skills with typing speeds of at least 35wpm
- Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and application letter to the address below. All applications must be delivered on or before Tuesday, 08th March 2016.
The subject of the email should be ‘INTERNSHIP’