PowerPoint Systems East Africa is a leading provider in power controls and renewable energy solutions with a mission of designing, supplying and installing sustainable energy solutions through continuous innovation by striving to make our products available to all.
Position: Electrical Engineer
General Purpose: To source out for business, tenders and oversee projects from the concept and detail of the design, through to implementation, testing and handover in coordination with projects manager.
- Meet with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Plan layout of electric power generating plants and distribution lines and stations.
- Engineering graduate in electrical engineering from reputable university/institute.
- At least a T2 valid licence holder
- Member of Engineering Board of Kenya
- Proficient in Engineering Software
- Other Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Renewable Energy Sector
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Able to competently provide technical product demonstrations and training on our solutions.
- Great understanding and interpretation ability of Electrical Diagrams
If you meet the above minimum expectations, and you are seeking for a challenging opportunity in your career, urgently send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org