Mechanic – Pressure System
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concentrate more in diagnosis and correction of all issues relating to malfunction of the air pressure system.
- Keeps the vehicles in good condition for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components
- Performing engine overhauls
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs. Will ensure that the documentation procedures e.g. requisition of parts is followed.
- Keeps the workshop tools and equipment in good working condition by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Inspection and evaluation of parts to ensure genuine and quality parts are being used. Should not allow use of fake parts.
- Take part in trouble shooting of breakdowns that occur offsite (trucks on transit)
- Ensure that all repairs or other works are recorded on the job card as per the laid down job card procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Must ensure total compliance requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Grade III
- Over 5 years working experience
- Able to work alone without supervision.
Qualified candidates willing to work in Mombasa only should send their application letters and CV’s including names of three referees, a daytime telephone contact and current and expected salary to email@example.com by 31st March 2016.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.