Our client in the publishing industry is seeking to recruit an assistant branch manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the operation of the branch, including purchasing of supplies and books, special orders, receiving and shipping, and return of overstocked or defective merchandise.
- Supervises personnel which typically include recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Oversees and coordinates the payment of invoices and freight bills on blanket purchase orders, small purchase orders, and check requests.
- Prepares and administers the branch budget; recommends, implements, and administers operating policies and procedures.
- Works with vendors to acquire and assure availability of new supplies.
- Oversees maintenance of stock, displays, signs, and inventory; manages year-end inventory utilizing computer to check for theft and shrinkage.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting or a closely related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in retail business i.e. Supermarket, Wholesale Store or Bookshop.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. By COB 24th March 2016
Please state your Current and Expected Salary.