Job Vacancy: Senior Accountant
The Job holder will be reporting to the HRM in matters relating to employees’ performance and Finance manager accounting matters and Progress.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide daily Cash Collection and analysis reports.
- Stock Control and conducting investigations on variances for both stocks and cash(Daily & Monthly)
- Creditors’ accounts update and control, ensuring creditors’ reconciliations and payments are done properly including posting of cheques.
- Debtor’s accounts update and control.
- Provide debt values for the 10 main accounts on a daily basis and giving debtors’ status reports on weekly basis.
- Bank accounts reconciliations.
- Supervising accounts staff.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Provide debtors analysis on a daily basis and giving debtors’ status reports on weekly basis.
- Doing monthly stock report and providing the end month stock valuations.
- Providing end month schedules for the creditors, debtors, and prepayment and control accounts.
- Preparation of monthly fixed asset schedule.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- CPA section 6
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university is an added advantage
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages and statutory accounting.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Managing processes, management proficiency and coordination department
- Work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work.
- At least two years’ experience in a senior accounting position in a busy environment.
e-mail your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org