Our client is a Regional Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring statutory and contractual compliance by the Bank.
- Drafting and vetting of legal contracts and service level agreements.
- Managing the legal risk of the Bank.
- Liaising with the Bank’s legal service providers and ensuring external legal activities are coordinated effectively.
- Prepare legal queries and facilitate solicitation of legal opinions from external counsel to identify legal and regulatory risks and issues.
- Provide legal advice in connection with the functions of the Bank generally and liaise with external legal counsel on legal matters.
- Provide periodical reports on activities and tasks undertaken.
- Assist in managing the legal transactions, cases and issues of the Bank
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognised university.
- Post -Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess current year’s practicing certificate
- 3 years post-admission work experience in a commercial bank or a busy law firm acting for Banks and financial institutions.
- Wide knowledge of the regulatory environment in Kenya.
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills.
- Must be hands on in interpretation and application of legal texts and statutes.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Good financial analytical skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and work with minimum supervision
- Must be computer literate
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The client is an equal opportunity employer.