To cement their footprint in the East African region, we are looking for a seasoned business development manager.
- Carry out a thorough due diligence, research and analysis on each country on all aspects including:
- The ease of doing business in each country including political and legal barriers
- The real demand of our products and services in the short- term and long term
- Accepted marketing strategies of each country, including current market trends and preferred retail methodology.
- The direct and indirect competitor activity that would affect the business.
- The financial viability and legal implications of entering into any of the new markets.
- The total investment required to take the business to completion stage in each country
- The technological challenges that may affect our operations.
- The social environment of the market like cultural trends, demographics, population analytics etc.
- The infrastructure including ease of effective supply chain and logistics
- Any other research that is necessary.
- Based on findings, recommend the optimal manner of entry into a country be it direct set up, partnerships, agencies, distributorship, joint venture or merger and acquisition.
- Provide weekly and monthly accurate and specific progress reports.
- Within the given timelines, submit detailed reports and recommendation.
- Working very closely with the Managing Director, develop and a detailed market entry plan for each country based on your recommended approach
- Support the implementation of the plan to completion.
- Document and submit detailed handover notes to specified personnel.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance to agreed proposals.
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience
- 3 – 4 four years of prior experience living and working in Africa required; experience setting up business in more than one country in the East African region is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing international business development
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize and to handle the high stress environment of business development.
- Excellent research, data analysis and presentation skills.
- Ability to frequently travel internationally and domestically as and when required.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.