Vacancy: Regional Campaign Manager
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives.
Save the Children International is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Regional Campaign Manager
Length of Contract: 6 months with possibility of extension subject to funding.
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Advocacy and Campaigns Director, East Africa Regional Office, Save the Children International
Staff reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Provide support to country offices in the region with a specific focus on the priority campaign countries by building capacity and capability to deliver on campaigns outcomes
- Working closely with the Regional Media and Communications Manager implement the popular mobilization plans of current Every Last Child Campaign and other campaigns in the region by maintaining social media presence, engaging in dialogue and where appropriate answering questions.
- Ensure countries successfully implement the Every Last Child Campaign according to predetermined benchmarks and timelines.
- Work with country offices in the region to develop and implement their mobilization plans, interfacing with campaign activities including global moments such as the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), World Humanitarian Summit (WHS), World Health Assembly (WHA) and other regional moments e.g the Day of the African Child, International Day of the Girl Child among others.
- Working with partners in Eastern and Southern Africa and members of Save the Children’s Child Protection Global Initiative, take part in the design, launch and implementation of the regional campaign on violence against boys and girls.
- Develop and implement a regional campaign in light of the global campaign priorities and in close collaboration with AU advocacy team and the West Central Africa region.
- Work with the communications focal points to share case studies and information from country office and regional campaign activities.
- Where appropriate support campaigns that focusses on Save the Children’s crosscutting priorities of gender and resilience. Assisting and at times leading on the logistics of internal and external international meetings.
- Administrative support: organizing, researching and producing communication materials and supportive documents for the campaign
- Creating and managing Excel spreadsheets relating to fund-raising, monitoring and evaluation and distribution lists
- holds self-accountable for following through on agreed tasks, managing Save the Children’s resources efficiently, and role modelling Save the Children values.
- takes shared responsibility, together with the line manager, for personal and professional development, and for following through on the learning and development plan Ambition:
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and strives to perform to a high standard
- shares their personal vision for Save the Children, and can work collaboratively with colleagues in different teams.
- is future orientated and can think globally.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate to people of different cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; skills in other languages would be an advantage
- Organised, with an ability to meet deadlines and high standards of quality
- Ability to manage small and medium sized projects, with appropriate support
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work with a rapidly-changing set of priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workload, with some supervision
- A high level of computer literacy
- Experience in using the internet and other web based resources
- Strong technical aptitude in MS Office
- Educated to degree level
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A good understanding and interest in communications, advocacy, humanitarian and development issues
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission
- A valid Kenyan work permit or able to legally work in Kenya.
Application Information: If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to EA.email@example.com with Subject heading “(Regional Campaign Manager)”.
Application closes 4th April 2016
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.