Summary: Our client is a Catholic Charitable Organization established with the objective of rehabilitating street children and empowering their parents or guardians in order to ensure that the children grow to be dignified members of the society.
Job Summary: To strengthen the home’s capacity to achieve its primary objective of rehabilitating the needy children, the home relies on the deployment of a Resource Mobilization Officer as a professional who must have the skills, passion and will to manage effectively and efficiently, the home’s existing business activities and possessing the entrepreneurial spirit to create new viable ventures.
Currently, the home is largely dependent for its existence on the goodwill of benevolent donors. Such donors come in many forms and from diverse backgrounds, their donations also come and in order to strengthen the coordination of key donor activities, the home relies on the skills of a Resource Mobilization Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong relationship with the existing donors
- Develop new relationship to attract new donors.
- Motivate donors through excellent client relationships by providing regular reports, updates about the Home by use of modern media, newsletters.
- Develop fundraising initiatives such as social, theatre, sports, golf tournaments etc.
- Outreach to companies, churches, colleges, universities, individuals etc. seeking support through CSR programs, charity contributions, educational support/student sponsorships, motivational talks etc.
- Fundraising awareness through writing to organization both locally and overseas.
- Meeting set targets both financial and material.
- Develop and consolidate financial and material needs of the Home in order to facilitate support seeking initiatives.
- Maintain an up to date bank of all donors and sponsors and contributions associated with them.
- Prepare regular comprehensive reports to the Director.
- Maintain proper records and reports of all activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, social science or related qualification.
- At least 3 years proven experience in the above described activities.
- Membership of a relevant professional organization.
- Possess excellent communication organization.
- High computer literacy.
- Proficient in English language both spoken and written.
- Sympathetic to children’s needs
- Self –driven mature person needing no supervision.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Resource Mobilization Officer
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only