RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in long term job positions for donor funded Projects TUSOME & TAYARI.
TUSOME Project is focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
TAYARI Project aims to improve learner’s preparedness for primary school through improving emergent literacy, emergent numeracy, psychosocial and health skills.
Regional Education Program Officer
S/he will provide technical support for the implementation of technical reading activities, development of assessment for reading in English and Kiswahili, development of instructional material, including lesson guides and contribute to the revision of the same and also train and support Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) on specified frameworks as funded by the client and agreed by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Education or its equivalent and eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, M.A./M.Ed. preferred;
- Understanding of scientifically-based reading research;
- Knowledge of a balanced early literacy framework understanding;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English transition instruction strategies;
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of the MoEST and local school communities.
Candidates from the local county locations preferred.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact.
The role involves
- working closely with the RTI Technical staff and other stakeholders to understand their Graphic Design needs before making design decisions;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, through interpreting Project graphics needs and developing designs to suit their purpose.
- S/he is expected to create design ideas and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts;
- Drawing artwork, using computer graphics software and proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Working with a wide range of media, emerging technologies as well as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- The Graphic Designer works closely with freelance illustrators to design and produce varied illustrations and any other art work to support project implementation.
- S/ he is also expected to do photography of high quality as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Communication design, Media arts, Print and digital media management and Visual communication and design or a diploma in a related field.
Seven to ten years of experience as a graphic designer in a mainstream publishing outlet with demonstrated experience in layout and creative services.
S/he needs to have proven competence in desktop publishing tools, design and image processing software.
Accuracy and attention to detail and professional approach to time, costs and deadlines a must.
Experience in developing instructional material for the education sector will be an added advantage.
The Procurement Assistant is to provide support to TUSOME & TAYARI Projects logistical needs including but not limited to the processes of Procurement (Local and International– as needed) and timely delivery of procured goods.
S/he will ensures that Procurement systems in RTI are conducted according to; all RTI policies, client regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
In addition, s/he will contribute to the development of weekly and monthly reports on procurement.
The Procurement Assistant will need to understand RTI’s standard procurement operating procedures for project-related commodities ordering and distribution.
S/he will support efforts to prequalify vendors for work on the projects to ensure proper maintenance of the contract register, timely renewal of leases, and other contracts.
S/he will maintain all of the procurement files, ensure that all documents are complete as guided by the procurement checklist and RTI procurement guidelines.
Qualifications and experience: A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field with supply chain certification, and two (2) years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management.
Membership with a professional procurement body desirable e.g, Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
Experience with costing, budget reporting, and tracking of materials.
Experience within the Not for Profit sector and familiarity with donor reporting requirements is preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills and willingness to travel frequently to the field offices
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th April, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V