An exciting career opportunity in East Africa Rail & Handling Logistics has risen and we now seek to recruit strategic, committed & results driven persons.
Customer Service Executive
Scope of Role: As a shared resource the job holder will attending to both internal managers and external customers’ needs and providing administrative support.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Assisting with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage
- Handling clients complaints and queries in accordance with the company’s guidelines and policies and propose solutions for the same.
- Daily status updates to the clients
- Tracking shipments through translogic
- Liaising with shipping lines on ETAs – container track and trace
- Liaising with KPA & Shipping Lines for cargo manifestation
- Ensure availability of all documentation necessary for clearing & delivering a shipment, if not request for the same from relevant parties
- Dispatching of clearing documents, cheque banking, cheque & document collection to & from relevant parties for ongoing shipments
- Checking on main email and responding to relevant parties for action
- Meeting preparation , minutes taking, and ensuring availability of internal support materials.
- Updating all Managers diary for meetings, conferences and travel bookings
- Ensure bills are paid on time and organize for repairs where required in the office
- Assisting in sales of company products and services through incoming enquiries
- Updating operations on any updates in regard to Customs, Shipping Lines and KRA & organize for workshops when required
- File Management
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in clearing & forwarding or Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Training in Customs & KRA training
- Diploma in public relations & communication [PR].
- Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- At least two (2) years experience in a freight forwarding firm / sea freight / transport
- Experience in office administration
- Excellent interpersonal relations and keen listener.
- Team Player
- Computer Literacy in MS Office
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their application letters, HOD’s approval with detailed CVs with clear of duties done including a day time contact phone number and email addresses citing the relevant job title on the subject line to:-
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 4th April, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted