Vacancy: Safety Health and Environmental Officer
Job Summary: Health and safety officers use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
- Attending Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and reading professional journals.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in relevant field from recognized institution
- Five (5) years’ experience in electrical LV line erection
- Good supervision skills
- Must have a motor bike and a valid driving/riding license
Qualified candidates willing to work in Mombasa only should send their application letters and CV’s including names of three referees, a daytime telephone contact and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.