Job Title: Sales Executive – Tourism and Content Development
A holding company that has totally embraced the GES Initiative call to entrepreneurship and innovation seeks to transform its Digital Customer Engagement department in order to give exceedingly superior customer service to its existing and potential clientele.
Are you the best team maker?
Can you be the next exceptional Sales Executive in your county or region to grow with us to new heights? Are you an Innovator?
Then come and Join us.
You will be responsible for diversifying into innovative digitally informative products and offering local businesses an unparalleled opportunity to grow successful digitally.
You will also be responsible to cross sell our Tours and Travel related products including transforming its customer engagement and fulfillment department in order to give exceedingly superior customer service to its existing and potential clientele.
In this growth phase in the industry, you will be responsible for ensuring that the sales department exceeds targets and achieves an overall profit for the company.
As your reward, there shall be an excellent remuneration package that includes a performance related salary structure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage a team of digitally savvy Business & IT Professionals ensuring that revenue retention, new business development and new product launch goals are achieved.
- Possess the highest product and value proposition knowledge to develop high performance.
- Ride extensively to assess market conditions and recommend actions to campaign plans.
- Ability to report on sales metrics, forecast/commits, churn & other key sales metrics
Tours and Travel
- Coordinate with suppliers for special deals and packages in tourism sector
- Develop Itineraries that includes hotel, travel, safari and excursion details
- Develop a strong customer service focus
- Market the company portfolio through high voltage online marketing and presence as well as through traditional channels
- Maximize Conversion by engaging strong selling techniques
- Ensure prompt and effective response to all leads and enquiries
- Develop and Manage the department’s strategy to maximize revenue and profitable growth
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure individual and campaign pacing and forecasting.
- Increase customer base & revenue targets by acquiring and retaining customers in the relevant segments
- Accountable for establishing and measuring sales goals and providing performance feedback.
- Implement a sales plan, focused on day to day activity metrics, pipeline development, and basis selling skills
- Represent the brand in your local market through business networking, community involvement & connections with our customers
- Identify new markets and business opportunities
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential customers
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Monitor Dedicated Sales performance against assigned target as well as other relevant KPIs
- Resolve customer complaints
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Conduct Market & Competitor Analysis
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Only Diploma / Degree in tourism, or tours and travel or hospitality from a recognized institution
- Demonstrable Experience in Sales and Marketing within the tours and travel industry
- A minimum of two to five years of sales management experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment
- Practical online marketing knowledge is preferred
- Strong Knowledge of Industry Trends and Product Developments
- Good interpersonal and demonstrable communication skills with a key focus on Hoteliers and Overseas Suppliers alike.
- Be goal oriented and focused.
- A go-getter.
- Exceptionally high integrity and honesty
- Excellent customer service & front office management skills
- Time management skills within flexible working hours routines
- Superior Internet/Digital product knowledge and personal selling skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word
- Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty).
- Must be able to identify and diagnose issues to ensure achievement of goals
- Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale
We are an equal opportunity employer and perform pre-employment background checks.
If you have proven expertise as a sales team leader in the tours and travel industry, please send your application to: The Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV must also state your current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 15th April 2016.