Department: Sales & Membership
Reporting: Sales Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and implementing a monthly sales plan with the objective of achieving targeted membership sales.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a local sales plan which will maximise any central marketing support and generate sufficient new contacts in the local marketplace in order to achieve targeted sales / income.
- Work closely with the Membership Manager to implement local and centrally driven marketing campaigns in order to drive joiners and referrals.
- Keep a regular and open communication with Housekeeping Manager to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service to prospective and club members.
- Submit the Daily Activity Report (DAR) in accordance with timelines set out by the Sales Manager.
- Monitor club membership and take action to ensure membership profile (mix) is on line with targets.
- Report to the Sales Manager on a daily basis regarding the following areas:
- New Sales Results
- New leads generated
- Tour: Sale (Closing) ratio
- Show Ratio (Appointments to Tour)
- Contact: Appointment Ratio
- Number of Future Appointments booked
- Number of referrals – generated at POS
- Number of telephone (completed and total) calls made to book appointments
- Telephone prospective enquiries in accordance with the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) levels in order to reach monthly sales goals.
- Follow Up Web / Email enquiries within 24 hours.
- Conduct tours with prospective members and sell facilities of the Club, ensuring appropriate follow up activity where necessary.
- Contact all new joiners after their first 7, 30 and 60 days of membership as a matter of courtesy and for potential referral opportunities.
- Maintain a full operating knowledge of the Club’s membership systems, including joining fees, subscriptions, direct debits, cancellation policy, Club services and rules.
- Maintain a thorough and comprehensive file on local competitor’s facilities, marketing initiatives and membership rates.
- Drive the sales process for corporate memberships
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in club membership sales.
- University degree or equivalent training in Sales and Marketing preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- Proven leadership, developer and delegation skills with an ability to lead employees to achieve the departmental goals.
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker.
- Demonstrable experience in B2B and B2C Sales roles
- A successful track record in employment within target-driven environments
- Evidence of a wide range of business contacts–locally, regionally, and nationally
- Extensive previous work experience of customer-facing work
- Established and highly successful sales techniques
- Established and highly successful external and internal sales techniques
- Excellent Account Management skills
- To have an understanding and knowledge of, and respect, confidentiality.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.