Vacancy: School WASH Program Fellow
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein,, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
The Sanergy Fellows Program seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a School WASH program Fellow to support the School WASH team, in the Operations Department.
- Develop and refine additional content to support teachers handle WASH in schools
- Synthesize feedback from school training sessions with a view to improve WASH content
- Revise the Champion Teacher Training Manual and Activity guide
- Develop Peer Teacher Training Guides
- Support the formation or revamping of School Health Clubs
- Develop classroom learning aids for pupils based on the developed guides
- Support the School WASH team in implementation of second term specific activities
- Passionate about working in schools in informal settlements
- Post graduate or Graduate level qualification in Public Health Related field
- Experience in developing curriculum for children and adult learners
- Experience of working in school WASH related fields
How to Apply
To apply, please click on https://sanergy.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=7 to submit a cover letter and your 1-page resume/CV.
While the 2016 Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
Join us in pushing the frontiers of innovation!