They are seeking to recruit a Senior Imports and Logistics Manager who will be responsible in managing the imports and logistics for all incoming cargo and manage the documentation & data input for all the incoming bulk cargo
- Establish, oversee and continuously improve the branch import process flows in conformance with applicable rules, procedures and company policy
- Develop internal SOP’s and KPI’s for the efficient management of inbound freight
- Ensure accurate documentation is created and data is transmitted to appropriate governmental agencies for all import activities.
- Maintain current information and ensures compliance with regulations and other government agency regulations. Ensure such knowledge is factored into the departmental processes and employees are trained in import compliance and regulatory requirements and changes.
- Organize, update and disseminate all client data including rate agreements and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or distribution of imported products based on transit times and optimum profit opportunity. Negotiate contracts/rates with delivery agents
- Supervise the Weighbridge
- Reconcile all imported goods with received goods
- Ensure compliance at the incoming and outgoing weighbridges
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service, presentation and communication skills
- Analytical, technical and logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage own profit centre and report on revenue generation
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.