Position: Senior Network Engineer
Job Summary: The Senior Network Engineer works for and under the general direction of the Manager, Network Engineering.
Responsibilities include planning and designing the network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions; troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems and providing Tier III support.
Also analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models.
Responsible for ensuring planned testing activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
Provides general direction and leads a staff of two to three network system engineers.
- Planning: Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Network System Design and Implementation: Designs and implements network systems.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Network Connectivity: Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Network Installation: Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
- Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Capacity Planning: Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develops capacity planning models.
- Disaster Recovery: Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Vendor Management: Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Netcordia NetMRI, Cisco MARS, Splunk, What’s Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG and NMAP.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
To apply, kindly send your details to cndung’firstname.lastname@example.org